yesterday as soon as I got home, I desoldered the lamp part from one Ray-O-Vac headlamp and soldered it into the unit that had leaked salt water. in the process I found the source of the leak: where the cable from the taillamp entered the headlamp. the first one I had bought had a tight seal, but the ones I bought this year both did not. so after the repair I krazyglued both at that point to hopefully seal out any water. and now I have two working headlamps. I tweeted @rayovac and they responded, so I might even have 3 if customer service comes through.
tested my "vehicle" modeled off one I saw in La Paz, which has 4 swivel casters, and even on the smooth surface of the garage floor it spun around to the right without moving forward. I'm suspecting it's because I drilled the holes crooked. going to re-drill and try again. the concept seemingly must be sound if back-and-forth motion of the front "axle" (2x8) produces motion; it's just "rotary motion" and I want "forward motion".
made another batch of kraut with red cabbage and broccoli stems. the addition of wild mustard and fennel to the last batch turned out great.
Back to blog or home page
last updated 2014-08-19 21:48:09. served from tektonic